Hazel Atlas Glass Company Moderntone Pattern Depression Uranium Hazel Atlas Glass Clover Leaf Pattern Lid It Glows Hazel Atlas Glass Company Hunt Scene Jump Pattern 6 1 2 Tumbler Horse Jockey Royal Lace Cobalt Blue 5 Oz Flat Tumbler By Hazel Atlas Replacements Ltd Hazel Atlas Glass Company Floine No 2 Poppy Pattern New Zealand The lid says Brother Can You Spare a Dime? Since theres not a zip code, its pre-1960. On the bottom it has 5056 C 6. Hi Andrew, Your bottle was made in 1955. There are two primary collecting groups: (1) fruit jar collectors and (2) Depression Glass collectors. Owens-Illinois Glass Company trademark/logo Diamond Oval- I entwined. Gay Fad Studios Collection | The Hour Shop . Add to Favorites More like this Hazel Atlas Ovide Platonite White Art Deco Style Dinner Plate with a Lime Green Stripe . Sorry, I do not know what the average collector value might be. The Most Popular Depression Glass Patterns | Heirlooms at Home Beautiful Vintage Glassware. Type: Cream Soup. Hi Greg, Replacements Discontinued and Active Crystal Brands Starting With the Letter H; 425,000 old and new patterns. World Atlas / Europe / Poland / Kujawsko-Pomorskie / Torun / Area around 52 53' 45" N, 18 46' 29" E / Rudak / 2D maps / Rudak 2D Maps. ), Diamond Glass Company, Royersford, Pennsylvania, EUREKA design on base of unidentified tumbler / jelly glass, Fairmount Glass Works / Fairmount Glass Company, Falls City Glass Company, Louisville Kentucky (1884-1892), Faroy Glass Candle Holders FAROY U.S.A., Federal Law Forbids Sale or Reuse of this Bottle Phrase, Fishing Floats (Glass Fishing Net Floats), Fletchers Castoria / Pitchers Castoria bottles, Frank Millers Crown Dressing ~ Victorian Era shoe polish bottles, Frederick Heitz Glass Works, St. Louis, MO (1882-1898), G. Milk Glass Candy Box by Hazel Atlas in Pinwheel Pattern , Vintage Triangle Candy Dish with Lid ad vertisement by gazaboo Ad vertisement from shop gazaboo gazaboo From shop gazaboo. Like Deborahs, it too has a lot of bubbles in it however, it also has a horizontal seam around the neck just below the lip, as well as vertical seams running up and down the sides, indicating that it was machine-made and probably manufactured (Im guessing) after 1910. WEST VIRGINIATHE GLASS INDUSTRY EXPLORED www.worthpoint.com, A NOD TO EGGNOG COLLECTIBLES www.worthpoint.com. Bubbles may range from tiny seed bubbles (like champagne fizz) to medium-sized, to very large, misshapen, lozenge, teardrop or elongated pear-shaped bubbles. Chart of Hazel-Atlas base codes on containers, courtesy of fruitjar.org. Not sure when discontinued. But I have posted your question here, and maybe someone who is more knowledgeable about your plates will chime in with better info for us. Is it from an ant poison container? BALL logo, as seen on a BALL PERFECT MASON jar from the period c. 1910-1923. Click here to see my page on Artificially Purpled Glass. Hi James, Truly appreciate it. DoNotThrowStones. Thanks and I really like your site, very informative. Hazel-Atlas. This is the first bottle I have found and I will never look at bottles the same way . Likely at least 6 or more identical molds were used (on the automatic bottle machine) to manufacture that type of pancake syrup bottle. Other marks often seen on container glassware found along with Hazel-Atlas products (especially from 1920s-era dumps) include the I in a diamond from Illinois Glass Company, the O in a square mark used by Owens Bottle Company and the Capstan mark used by Capstan Glass Company. David. Hazel Atlas ModernTone Platonite Milk Glass Collection! //-->. Winning bid: Hazel-Atlas, Royal Lace Cobalt Blue | Replacements, Ltd. Vintage Fostoria glass: 100+ old patterns, colors & styles of the Hello, looking for some quick info on a jar I just thrifted. Vintage and Collectible Hazel Atlas Glassware - Collectors Weekly Our regular subscription prices are An A nested under the bar of an H was first used in 1923. ~David. ~David. In 1957, Hazel-Atlas became a division of the Continental Can Company. Anchor Hocking Waterford 2. VM (MV) logo on CD 642 Gingerbread Man style insulator made by Verreries de Masnieres. Boyd glass chick salt covered dish in lilac glass. the subject of childrens breakfast sets. Depression Glass Price Guide and Pattern Identification - The Spruce Crafts The bottle is 4.5 inches tall, just less than 1 inch thick, and the width varies from 2 inches at the shoulder to 1.5 inches just above the base to 2 inches again at the base. This is especially noticeable on a lot of the machine-made clear glass containers of the early 20th century, although most ordinary inexpensive glass is potentially subject to this effect to some degree. Aurora is stunning in blue. Paducah, KY: Collector Books, 2008. Ways To Shop Top Brands Brands A-Z Top Sterling Patterns Popular Stainless Patterns Need Assistance . The earlier versions are round, in aqua or light green and she dates them as circa 1904-1920s. The Hazel-Atlas mark sometimes varies slightly in exact appearance, especially on small bottles where there was little room to engrave the mark into the mold, but in general it is easily recognizable on the majority of glass items. Hazel Atlas produced huge quantities of Depression glass tableware in the 1920s, 1930s and 40s, most commonly in the typical Depression era transparent glass colors of light green,clear (crystal), pink and yellow (actually a light yellow leaning toward yellow-amber). Also in the Moderntone pattern by Hazel Atlas Glass Co, this cup dates to 1934 to 1942. OVG monogram on the base of a Daisy & Button shoe toothpick holder in amber glass. It has bubbles in the glass. 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. Kandy, I dont know anything about the dish. The best bet is to try searching for similar bottles on ebay and check actual completed auction prices, or list it yourself and see what it brings. Depression Glass ~ Basic information & Summary / History Block Optic Pitcher 6. Thanks! Please check out my webpage about Numbers on the base of containers. My father in law gifted me with his mothers blue glassware sets. Hazel-Atlas Glass: Identification & Value Guide, Second Edition $68.01 $21.24 Editorial Reviews Review This 2nd edition of Hazel-Atlas Glass is the result of painstaking research through malls, antique shops, flea markets, catalogs and friends' collections as the authors re-gathered the basics about wares they had sold in the past. Most cobalt blue Depression glass pieces aren't found for a dime a dozen anymore. Hazel-Atlas Glass Company (1902-1964) - GLASS BOTTLE MARKS (Even today, sometimes machine-made containers are produced containing bubbles, but in general the factory quality control is so strict that very, very few make it past inspection and onto the retail market). on our private forums! Fire-King was popular because dinnerware and ovenware came in matching patterns. google_ad_client = "pub-5364593467625992"; That error variation is known, and is listed as jar #118 in the Redbook used by fruit jar collectors. as time went on they gradually became less and less common as technology got better and better, and more of the kinks were worked out in producing containers relatively free of flaws and imperfections. Glass patterns here! The 4672 would be an identification or catalog number used by Hazel-Atlas that was assigned to that particular mold style. I dont know, but from the general look I would guess the Say when Podner shot glasses are from the 1950s. See inside the. mark on base of amber beer bottle. RARE! Hello Wellnessclinician, The image has the same style of bottle with the exception of the handle. Lisa, the majority of Hazel-Atlas tableware is unmarked. R inside a sun representation. In 1936, Hazel-Atlas introduced a type of glass called Platonite, which was semi-opaque and is often mistaken for milk glass. Thanks again and have a great day!!! It is clear glass, with the Hazel-Atlas symbol on it, with an H above it, and the number 3-19 elsewhere. for the NextIssue of Hazel Atlas News in your mailbox! It works well mixed with other patterns. This includes the popular Depression patterns mentioned above, as well as lesser-known patterns such as Aurora. The Perhaps someone can shed more light on this question. I have the same bottle, wondering the same thing you are, cant find anything anywhere else. pay I am under the impression that much of the glassware (as in pressed tableware) made by Hazel-Atlas was not marked, especially the earlier patterns made during the Depression era. Thank you! So I cannot say with certainty whether or not your plates were made by Hazel Atlas. A four-story Art Deco-styled building at 15th and Jacob streets was completed . Diamond-Oval-I trademark used by Owens-Illinois Glass Company, W in a diamond used by Westite Glass Company, as it appears on the base of a jade green milkglass vase (photo courtesy of Abby Chovanec), Libbey Glass Company Cursive L mark on the base of a Gibraltar pattern tumbler in Spanish Green (sage green), Fenton Glass Company Hobnail Fan Vase in Blue Opalescent, Angular Glass Containers Corporation mark, used beginning circa 1933- 1960s? Oven-proof Fire-King was made between 1942 and 1976 in a variety of patterns including Alice, Fleurette, Game Bird, Honeysuckle, Laurel, Swirl, and Wheat. Pattern & Year Produced Colonial Block 1920's - 1930's Ribbon 1930 - 1932 New Century 1930 - 1935 . Thanks! and is renewable at any time. This is very useful for learning to identify the patterns and for easy reference. The jar has a wire bail to secure to top. D inside a circle mark attributed to Degenhart Art Glass, Cambridge Ohio, Logo of two water drops Pasabahce, Turkey. Hobnail candy dish in Amberina glass (Fenton inside an oval mark is on the base). ~David. Older bottles and jars often have bubbles in them. This artifact jar was thought to belong to Amelia Earhart. Hazel-Atlas Glass Company. Wikipedia.com. R in a triangle mark used by Reed. Shop Royal Lace Cobalt Blue Crystal & Glasses by Hazel-Atlas at Replacements, Ltd. Hazel-Atlas, Moroccan Amethyst | Replacements, Ltd. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 10" DINNER PLATE! No other marks on it. Sometimes I use them for dry oven canning. David. Place our link, join the Official Hazel Atlas Glass website, Hazel Atlas Platonite iswhite BUT. Mold numbers and other numbers appear on the bases or heels of countless glass containers of all types. MCM RED BLACK Flowers Stackable COFFEE Mugs. Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Complete list (with links) of all articles on the GLASS BOTTLE MARKS website, Glass Manufacturers Marks on Bottles and other Glassware, Brookfield Glass Company (Bushwick Glass Works), Federal Glass Company, Columbus, Ohio (1900-1979), Fenton Art Glass Company, Williamstown, WV (1905-2011), MASONS PATENT NOV 30TH 1858 Antique Fruit Jars Summary, Numbers seen on the bottoms of glass bottles and jars, Federal Law Forbids Sale or Reuse of this Bottle Marking, Capstan mark used by Capstan Glass Company, Chart of Hazel-Atlas base codes on containers, courtesy of fruitjar.org, https://glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks-5/, https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/SwayzeeGlass.pdf, http://www.fruitjar.org/PlantCodes/Hazel%20Atlas_files/image002.jpg, https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/TLogoTable.pdf, https://www.etsy.com/listing/204373945/hazel-atlas-cookie-jar-raised-cookie?utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share, https://gyazo.com/32b1cc4ff176b1c5106fa97b60b50eda, http://vasonabranch.com/packing_houses/index.php?title=California_Conserving_Company, Maryland Glass Corporation, Baltimore, Maryland (1907-1980), Owens Bottle Company: O inside a square mark, Dr. W. B. Caldwells, Monticello, Illinois ~ bottles, Glass Manufacturers' Marks on Coca-Cola Bottles, "Federal Law Forbids Sale or Reuse of this Bottle" Marking, Glass Bottle Marks (Alphabetical List) ~ Page 1 (A-B), Glass Bottle Marks (Alphabetical List) ~ Page 2 (C-D), Glass Bottle Marks (Alphabetical List) ~ Page 3 (E-L), Glass Bottle Marks (Alphabetical List) ~ Page 4 (M-R), Glass Bottle Marks (Alphabetical List) ~ Page 5 (S-Z), AB (connected) mark on antique glass bottles, AB (connected) bottle base mold codes list, Anchor Hocking Glass Corporation: Anchor and H entwined logo, Atterbury & Company, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Binghamton Glass Company, Binghamton, New York (1880-1957), Bottle inside oval mark on British Ten Pin style soda bottle, Boyds Crystal Art Glass, Cambridge, Ohio: B in a diamond trademark, Boyds Genuine Porcelain Lined Cap (Milk glass discs), Brockway Glass Company (B inside a circle marking), Brody Co. Cleveland, O. U.S.A. (E. O. Brody Company), Bromo-Seltzer, Baltimore, MD ~ Cobalt Blue Glass Bottles, Brookfield Glass Company / Bushwick Glass Works, Brooklyn, New York, Caldwells (Dr. W. B. Caldwells, Monticello, Illinois) ~ bottles, California Glass Insulator Company, Long Beach, CA, Capstan Glass Company, Connellsville, Pennsylvania, Carnival Glass (What is Carnival Glass?