Straining One of the more basic reasons you will have petechiae appear on your skin is due to straining. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. That said, I think petechiae are only cause for alarm if they come on suddenly in a number of places (especially the trunk), without pressure, injury, or chronic weak capillaries to explain them. Thousands collectively. Now Im in complete panic mode. Yeah this happens to me now and again. Petechiae: What Are They, Causes, Treatment WebThey're small and hardly noticeable but there are around 20 on each arm (only upper arm). There is another thread on the forum about petechiae and they mentioned sunburn as something that can cause it. If I get anything Ill come back and post. B12/Folate deficiency is one of them. Back on antidepressants due to anxiety and panic attacks, Pounding heart/palpitations driving me crazy, Anxious thoughts , doomsdaying about everything. Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) in adults: Second-line and subsequent therapies. 2 Petechial rashes on children usually require examination by a doctor to diagnose http://freethoughtblogs.com/wwjtd/files/2012/08/540345_3712757863939_1815003449_n1.jpg. If my platelets are too low- & they are- & others' are too, it's sound information. If you don't have signs of bleeding and your platelet count isn't too low, you may not need any treatment. Recently I was on Dexamethasone (steroidal anti-inflammatory) after wisdom tooth removal and WOW. The rashes resemble patches of pinpoint red or purple spots, known as petechiae. Recently, I get them whenever I get my blood drawn -- where the tourniquet is, but also where they disinfect the site (which is weird b/c they don't put pressure there). Petechiae & leukemia?! I have them scattered on my arms and I'm worried.. People tell me I'm overreacting They're small and hardly noticeable but there are around 20 on each arm (only upper arm). Good day my friends, I awoke this morning (great news) and noted that I had Petechiae across my lower abdomen. This seems like something pretty common but I haven't had it. It told me I had als. WebPetechiae. - I believe I bruise easily, and have two scars on my hand from a cat bite & a scar on my knee. Petechiae isn't technically a rash, but it is a skin disorder that occurs due to leukemia. Oh waiting for the day lol. I have another question now. When I'm out in the sun they are very noticeable. information and will only use or disclose that information as set forth in our notice of For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. George JN, et al. Cognitive dysfunction, terrible muscle aches, extreme fatigue, awful sweats, joint pain and locking joints, two bouts with vertigo, insomnia, increased urination, dry skin, lack of sex drive (which has come back recently but was gone for half a year), headaches, etc. That, too, is helpful information. I was confused when I woke up, and I had petechiae around my eyes. Petechiae, which are small, flat red spots under the skin caused by blood leaking from blood vessels Purpura, which is bleeding in your skin that can cause red, purple, or brownish- yellow spots Paleness or jaundice (a yellowish color of the skin or whites of the eyes) Extreme tiredness A fever A fast heart rate or shortness of breath I am a 26f, good health besides allergies/chronic sinus issues, normal weight, but I've had history of problems with health anxiety since childhood. Anybody else ever have this happen? Petechiae Got em again last night. on my trunk. They never go away. Petechia I quickly went in to see a rheumatologist, he is a HIGHLY respected rheumatologist. Your provider will monitor your overall health and platelet levels. Make a donation. You may opt-out of email communications at any time by clicking on If you lift weights, the straining from pulling on the weights could cause the blood droplets to appear. My dad can, or at least used to be able to, do the thumb to wrist trick. You may have low platelet levels because you drink lots of alcohol or are exposed to certain toxic chemicals. Petechiae Cancer Survivors Network Click here for an email preview. I, too, can get something like this if I scratch too hard (neck, earlobes, etc.) Please register to post and use the extra features available to members. My platelets have been in the 400's ever since. Usually flat to the touch, petechiae don't lose color when you press on them. Registered in England and Wales. Petechiae commonly appear on the lower legs, but may be distributed all over the body. A lot of people have them, pretty sure it's genetics. petechiae anxiety forum If your provider recommends treatment, you may need ongoing treatment to maintain a normal platelet level. The spots keep popping up on my biceps, arm pits and hips. Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) care at Mayo Clinic. WebBruising in dogs is never normal, and signs of pinpoint bruises (called petechiae) or larger bruises (ecchymosis) warrant an immediate trip to your veterinarian. I haven't figured out what I'm allergic to, which I suspect is because I'm *not* reacting much to any single trigger (except ibuprofen, which as of about 6 months ago I appear to be genuinely allergic to) and instead react a tiny bit to lots of things and if I bump into too many of them too closely will get a bigger reaction. Aplastic anemia occurs when the bodys bone marrow doesnt make enough new blood cells. include protected health information. Anyone figure out what caused the onslaught? Anyhow, he has been tested for every kind of blood disorder and they have all come back negative. Powered by Invision Community. I have a ton of freckles tho so maybe didn't notice em right away. Mayo Clinic Physicians most frequently reported petechiae, purpura, bleeding of the gums, and epistaxis, both at diagnosis and overall. Has anyone else had that many appear all at once? I hate looking at my inner arms and seeing more and more. However, that information will still be included in details such as numbers of replies. They were actually used to help make my diagnosis, and actually I'm surprised that they are not on the Beighton scale. Today I was at L&D due to a headache since Saturday but the nurses and doctor werent too concerned about it when I showed them. Accessed Feb. 21, 2019. I've had petechiae with normal counts. WTF? My mind immediately went into overdrive because I remembered a friend of mine mentioning red spots on his girlfriends legs right before she was (incorrectly) diagnosed with leukemia. Policy. Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) in adults: Clinical manifestations and diagnosis. I am just really antsy right now. Thanks for sharing this topic. overcoming anxiety feels nearly impossible sometimes. The only one in charge of my medical care now is me. Check out these best-sellers and special offers on books and newsletters from Mayo Clinic Press. Petechiae result from tiny areas of superficial bleeding into the skin. Since then I've suffered on and off with lesser pain in the SI joint (sometimes I do hobble around, for the first few years this was a more common issue), hips, spine, rib cage, and recently the right side of my breast bone becomes slightly to severely painful from time to time. Petechiae: Causes, Treatments, Pictures, and More - Healthline Would An Anxiety Chat Room Help Me Petechiae occur when the small blood vessels under the skin (capillaries) bleed into the skin. At the time they first occurred, I had been fighting off a nasty cold for a week. Fatigue or tiredness with little or no obvious cause. Petechiae Clear editor. @bread how are you doing? A rare complication of immune thrombocytopenia is bleeding into the brain, which can be fatal. I get petechiae whenever I scratch too hard, always have done since childhood. petechiae I spent much of my teenage youth in and out of hospital because of all that. By Often, healthcare providers can improve platelet counts by treating the underlying cause. I took care of a man with AIDS to his death. If you have thrombocytopenia, here are some suggested ways to take care of yourself: Thrombocytopenia symptoms can develop very quickly or over time. its frustrating when no one understands, but its reassuring to know other people have gone through it as well. They appear as round, pinpoint-sized dots that are not raised. This is really freaking me out. Doc had no explanation. 1. Now I just let them fade on their own but I have a spot on my right leg from last fall that is not fading. They are chronic, and showed up gradually with no reason. What did you do? There is a problem with Petechiae Immune thrombocytopenic purpura. Finally i found out what the name is! If my platelets are too low- & they are- & others' are too, it's sound information. Upload or insert images from URL. Do you always have some though on your legs? If they reappear and stay for longer than a few days I'd probably see a doctor/dermatologist, but it really doesn't sound like anything abnormal. Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Dont worry about it too much, Ive had the same before, I used to get them all over my legs and feet every time I showered. OK so let's connect some dots. I'm 39 and my doc said it's a side effect of blood thinners and that's what aspirin is. At the time I was taking asp 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). i have also had random petechiae spots showing up on all different parts of my body- always singular spots, never clustered, do not blanch, last about 2-3 days before fading, for about 2 months now. I am not - Teeth have always been hugely crowded, as I have a small mouth. Immune thrombocytopenia may have no signs and symptoms. That did not sound like arthritis. My girlfriend is shutting me out due to anxiety. More serious common causes include liver disease such however, i havent been able to shake my anxiety over them and have since developed severe symptoms of stress (shaky hands, heart palpitations) which, although I know is just anxiety, i use to fuel the assertion that something is wrong with me. Thanks guys. And it bugged me for a couple of days. Powered by Invision Community. Sorry, I wish I had an answer. They scare me every time I see them, I always tell my self I'm not gonna look anymore but then some caught my eye an Accessed March 13, 2019. On 5/12/2019 at 6:26 PM, Nickdon321 said. So I have them all the time. information submitted for this request. Should I watch for signs of complications? Like, ALL over it. By kp27. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Platelet Disorders Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP) Egton Medical Information Systems Limited. If we combine this information with your protected Could the fact that I did not have the CBC until the spots were fading make a difference? You need to see a doctor urgently because there may be a serious cause that needs urgent treatment, such as meningococcal infection. I've had petechiae on my arms for over 20 years. By using this Site you agree to the following, By using this Site you agree to the following. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 21, 2019. my health anxiety has kicked in since quarantine and ive messaged my GP multiple times about the spots. I think a lot of people get them. Petechiae with normal blood count | Mumsnet Several instances of vomiting. I have to get blood tests done soon anyway, so I'll know sooner or later if something's up besides my giant melon head being too much for one arm to support. I'm worried now because I have a dermatology appointment on Thursday to figure this out, and I got my last CBC report from end of February today. Is it really anxiety? If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Mayo Clinic on Incontinence - Mayo Clinic Press, NEW The Essential Diabetes Book - Mayo Clinic Press, NEW Ending the Opioid Crisis - Mayo Clinic Press, FREE Mayo Clinic Diet Assessment - Mayo Clinic Press, Mayo Clinic Health Letter - FREE book - Mayo Clinic Press, Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development, Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, Book: Mayo Clinic Family Health Book, 5th Edition, Newsletter: Mayo Clinic Health Letter Digital Edition, DVT (deep vein thrombosis) prevention and treatment. You can post now and register later. My EEG was normal, and they found a It's kind of an allergic reaction to sunlight. I don't want to hassle the doctor continually if there is nothing to worry about, but it was frustrating that she seemed so flippant about them and couldn't really explain why I have them. Anxiety and Stress please help with advice. Petechiae- very worried. JavaScript is disabled. Like, ALL over it. Petechiae If you're pregnant and your platelet count is very low or you have bleeding, you have a greater risk of heavy bleeding during delivery. Its ruined my life. Webpetechiae anxiety forum. The rashes resemble patches of pinpoint red or purple spots, known as petechiae. I almost always get huge stripes of them when I get my blood pressure taken. Petechiae? Freaking out - Anxiety - MedHelp I've always been troubled, knowing something must be wrong, but no one has determined what. Nickdon321, May 12, 2019 in Health Anxiety. Accessed March 13, 2019. They appeared only when the infection acted up. I've had petechiae for about 12 yrs I'm 32 yrold male. I had Lyme at 16 and have had these spots come and go ever since blood work comes back fine The general aching in your bones and muscles could well be associated with At the time I was taking aspirin everyday due to dental issues. I also have several cherry angiomas on my trunk, arms, back and skull. No one else seemed to get them. When I was thin, I would also get them on various parts of me if I slept on the floor. Petechiae, but no bruising in 3 year old? - for People with ITP I know how you feel, have u ever noticed any on your legs? Petechiae Last reply 2 weeks ago. ITP is more common among young women. health information, we will treat all of that information as protected health Purpura Last night I began to have symptoms of a UTI. There are multiple causes for thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, etc. I know how you feel, have u ever noticed any on your legs? Yes, I get them as well. Clear editor. I assume it's EDS but has made me feel concerned about vEDS. Specializes in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology. WebNeisseria meningiditis A leading source of community-acquired sepsis and meningitis Serogroup B in < 5 years Serogroups C, Y, and W135 in adolescents and adults US has historic low since quadrivalent conjugate vaccine Transmission through respiratory droplets or secretions Risk factors Age (younger than 1 year or between 15 and 24 years) After that the major break outs would come on and off every few years usually around April for some reason I'm 32 now and there are always some on my legs and thighs. Should I be worried, and has anybody else experienced this? Forums Anxiety Disorders Health Anxiety (Hypochondria) Please help. Webpetechiae anxiety forum. Bubbs21 Member Posts: 47. Have questions about navigating your Inspire support community or need assistance from one of our Inspire Moderators? Theyll ask about your medical history, including any medications you take. Interestingly, the rubber band for the blood test that felt like it would cut through my arm left no marks. I was also taking amoxicillin. Could the UTI and spots be related? ); the bloodwork came back fine. Who knew?! While the x-rays did not show much the other test showed inflammation on a scale of 6/10. Thrombocytopenia (pronounced THROM-bo-sigh-toe-PEE-ne-ah) occurs when your bone marrow doesnt make enough platelets. If you have thrombocytopenia, you may bleed a lot, and the bleeding may be hard to stop. I took Vit C and Bioflavanoids back then. Been here since December so I have no hope of them going away. Welcome to a place for everyone who identifies with having health anxiety, is an ally of someone with health anxiety, or just wants to learn more about our growing community. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. Immune thrombocytopenia. I just constantly look for the dang things, on legs cause of past break outs and of course I Google everything and main reason for them it says leukemia so constant anxiety. It always freaks me out at least a little, but it's never been a sign of a serious problem. if so it could just be your skin is sensitive and even rubbing against fabric or sweating could trigger them (im not a doctor but thats what Ive been told). We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are I finally had to have my spleen removed to fix the problem. I think it's Petechiae - Petechiae are pinpoint, round spots that appear on the skin as a result of bleeding under the skin. From the very beginning I was confused over my arthritis diagnosis. It sounds like the ones on your legs went away when your anxiety subsided, so it could be a skin problem related to that? WebPetechiae: This symptom appears as tiny red or purple dots on your lower legs that resemble a rash. I feel it is more likely that you are suffering with an anxiety disorder than MS or Leukemia. Ive had petechiae in the past been to docs about it had blood work came back fine anyone else have this problem? Tourniquet pressure such as from wearing a diaper or baby sling. Rash and dark colored urine. Petechiae - Health Anxiety - Anxiety Central Forums & Chat Room Home Anxiety Disorders Forum Health Anxiety Petechiae Sign in to follow this Followers 1 adding a driver to insurance geico; fine line tattoo sleeve; scott forbes unc baseball +201205179999. Googled like crazy only to find bad news. I just wish they were normal and I'm just over reacting . Patient does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Connect with others like you for support and answers to your questions in the Blood Cancers & Disorders support group on Mayo Clinic Connect, a patient community. etc. If you have thrombocytopenia, ask your healthcare provider what caused the issue and what treatment or lifestyle changes they recommend.