Prices are set by sellers and may be below or above face value.". To sell tickets, a Seller lists the tickets in the Site database. You and viagogo are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. ACCC has fined ticket reseller Viagogo $7m for misleading Australian consumers by charging significantly more than its advertised price for popular events such as the Ashes and the musical, The Book of Mormon. Corporate Office 160 Greentree Drive, Suite 101, Dover, Delaware, County of Kent, 19904, USA Phone line opening times - Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) English: 24/7 German: 07:00 - 19:00 Spanish: 08:00 - 23:00 Kiwi issues warning after Viagogo 'ripped off' elderly mother Why can't I see my order or sale in my account? Viagogo is refunding people who bought tickets to events that have been permanently cancelled due to coronavirus - or giving them a "125% voucher". Glenn ended up reselling the tickets on Viagogo at a loss and getting put through the wringer by Viagogo when he tried to recoup his money. Sellers should use our automated online confirmation process. How do I unsubscribe from your newsletter? 2.6 Making an Offer. If a Seller sends tickets that are not consecutive, but listed them as so, viagogo may charge the seller a replacement fee and other charges, as specified in Section 5. Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). 5.4 Making Adjustments. "My wife was searching online for Elton John tickets as a gift for my parents and the first result that came up was Viagogo," Glenn tells us. Note that this is separate from any Tax viagogo is required to charge on its fees. And while the caveat "on our site" has been appended to messages such as "less than 2% of total tickets currently available" and "123 sections have no remaining tickets", the message seems clear: you'd better hurry up and buy the tickets you've selected or you're not going to the event. It would also add significant fees to the initial price, including a 27.6% booking fee, that were not disclosed until late in the booking process. Adelaide woman Samantha Wells paid $388 for two seated tickets to Elton John's concert. Fears ticket scalping will surge post-lockdown as laws fail to rein in Viagogo. -Explore the world's largest selection of events. $356 for two tickets to an event at the Sydney Comedy Festival for which the face value of the tickets was $32.90, or $65.80 for two. 1.2 Ticketing Exchange. What should I do after I purchased tickets from Viagogo? PLEASE REPORT THEM TO PREVENT MORE VICTIM! Customer offered $500 to take down negative Google review. How do I find tickets I've already downloaded? Invalid tickets are defined as anything where buyers are refused entry. Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusions of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. The use of automated systems or software to extract data from this website for commercial purposes, (screen scraping) is strictly prohibited. You will need a username and password to access the Site and use the Services. The software and the Site, including without limitation all text, graphics, logos, buttons, images, audio clips, and computer programs, are the property of viagogo or its suppliers, and are protected by country and international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. A member who wants to buy a ticket first scans the viagogo database for tickets listed by Sellers that match the Buyer's desired tickets. Think you've been ripped off? Claire Turnham's self-help guide for You may not get through to a person, but be prepared to write to them repeatedly by email and send messages through their online help centre More answers below Cleartrip is not giving me a refund on a cancelled ticket worth of 21,000. That same year, we reported on the case of 71-year-old Dugald Docherty of Adelaide, who paid $2201 for a ticket to see European soccer titans FC Barcelona take on Real Madrid. It is up to the Buyer to verify the most recent changes by contacting the box office or referring to official listings for any changes. Business practices were unacceptable and penalty is warning to others that they are subject to Australian law, consumer watchdog says. Enter a valid email address (e.g. Received just 2 days before the concert transfered from someone via ticketmaster! After multiple emails to Viagogo, Kent has been refunded $280. viagogo does not take title to the underlying ticket and the actual transactions are between the Buyers and Sellers. Issues must be reported within 14 days after receiving the tickets otherwise this will no longer be covered by the viagogo Guarantee. If You do post your ticket for sale on other marketplaces, you are required to remove your ticket from the Site immediately if your ticket sells elsewhere. Ticket reseller Viagogo AG has been ordered by the Federal Court to pay a penalty of $7 million for breaching the Australian Consumer Law by making false or misleading representations when reselling tickets for live music and sports event, in proceedings brought by the ACCC. Should you experience problems with your tickets on the day of the event you must contact viagogo within 48 hours of the incident to report the issue. We will cooperate to ensure that violators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. See something that's not quite right in this article? We endeavour to rearrange delivery with the customer or arrange a collection point. Viagogo said in a statement that it offered a high standard of. If We change this Agreement, We shall post a revised version of this Agreement, which shall automatically replace the terms of this Agreement. They're appealing the fine and have been granted a stay order, meaning they don't have to pay until the appeal is heard. Tickets - Concert, Sport & Theatre Tickets | viagogo the Ticket Marketplace Read more: Once We obtain an authorisation from the Buyer, We notify the Seller of the sale via email and/or telephone, and We confirm to the Seller that the Buyer is willing to pay the listed price, booking fees, delivery fees, and taxes on our fees. Dont think you would be the lucky one. Ticket Marketplace Viagogo Faces The Music Amid Claims Of - Forbes You shall indemnify and hold viagogo and (if applicable) any parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless against all liabilities, costs, interest and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred by viagogo that arise out of any third party or governmental claim that involves, relates to or concerns (i) any local, regional, country, or international tax obligation or amounts due or owing under any tax regulation, law, order or decree or (ii) any dispute concerning the tax status of viagogo. The authorization will remain on the Buyer's credit or debit card until the sale is completed or the order is cancelled. Posted by July 3, 2022 la times podcast on viagogo refund australia July 3, 2022 la times podcast on viagogo refund australia In August 2017, the ACCC announced it was taking Viagogo to court. Ticket reseller Viagogo has been fined $7 million for misleading Australian consumers with Google advertisements, added fees and claims about the scarcity of tickets. These will not be refunded to you just because your application, nomination or sponsorship was refused or unsuccessful. Copyright (c) 2006-2023, viagogo AG. Viagogo still offering worthless tickets to unsuspecting customers - Stuff ", In other cases, the price started off in Aussie dollars but the final charge was in Euros. If (a) a sale is cancelled for any reason; (b) we reasonably believe that you have committed fraud or other illegal act or omission during any buying or selling activity; (c) you leave a sale unconfirmed for more than 48 hours and do not Report a Problem; (d) subject to the exceptions set forth in Section 2.10 and 2.15, you aren't able to deliver the exact seats that you listed on the Site or send the tickets (and related passes if any) on or before the Must Ship By Date or you otherwise fail to fulfill the sale of your tickets or related passes; (e) you send incorrect, misrepresented, invalid, fraudulent or counterfeit tickets or related passes for any sale or portion of a sale; (f) You otherwise owe viagogo a specific amount; or (g) You otherwise breach this Agreement or owe Us a specific amount, then you authorize viagogo to withhold payment or charge your Payment Method any amount you owe us and all costs viagogo incurs due to your conduct, including but not limited to, a late shipment fee or late delivery fee, reprinting fee, shipping re-routing charges, the cost of replacement tickets or related passes, coupons, gift certificates, refunds, and other costs required to compensate the Buyer or Seller for his or her bad experience, with a minimum charge of $30 per ticket (or the equivalent in their listing currency). First, don't use Viagogo. The ACCC published guides for consumers on how to purchase event tickets with confidence at Buying tickets online. If you fancy a viagogo event roulette then use this company. Viagogo misled thousands of consumers into buying tickets at inflated prices when they created a false sense of urgency by suggesting tickets were scarce and when they advertised tickets at a lower price by not including unavoidable fees.. If you dont know the location of the office processing your application, send the completed form to your. If you search for the tickets and the website has the word Viagogo in the URL, do not buy. Since that time, we have overhauled our platform a process that included consultation with consumer protection regulators in a number of countries., We are carefully considering todays decision and for that reason we cannot provide further comment at this time.. The Department of Home Affairs acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of Country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, sea and community. And the original face value of our tickets was nowhere to be found on the site. Based on the attached photo, you can see there's bundle of rubbish replying you with scripts. They do not deliver the tickets, the ticket holder is supposed to deliver them, and if they do not deliver them, nothing can be done. How do I get a refund from Viagogo? - Consumer NZ Viagogo has the right to deny your request for a refund. Since 2018, Google has required ticket reseller platforms to demonstrate they meet a number of requirements in order to place ads with us. We may investigate complaints and violations of our policies. Finally, you have rights under the Australian Consumer Law, but they may be hard to enforce if a company is based overseas, like Viagogo. In imposing the hefty penalty, justice Stephen Barley said the companys conduct demonstrated a level of deliberateness, describing one category of representations as having been made on an industrial scale. Mr Sims said many consumers were caught out by the "extraordinarily high" fees. Invalid tickets: If buyers are refused entry to the venue as a result of invalid tickets we may refund the buyer at any time. Ultimately there are two questions to be answered . 6.11 Permitted use. The parent sponsorship application fee cannot be refunded. If the payment status in ImmiAccount is 'Credit' or Paid a refund can be requested. On termination, Your items may be de-listed if You are a Seller and Your purchases may be cancelled if you are a Buyer. I've bought tickets from Viagogo and I'm now worried they - Quora