The second time I scanned and boxed up some cds through Ziffit ended up definitely not worth the 9 I got in return. Hit two keys right next to each other on a piano, and any normie will say the sound 'clashes'. Some articles on the blog contain affiliate links, which provide a small commission to help fund the blog. Why people don't sell their old stuff like phones to other people directly? Step 2: Connect one side of the HDMI cable to your DVD player. And CEX is a good option if theres something you want to buy as the extra credit can really help. Music Magpie UK will buy all your unwanted DVDs, CDs, games, and give you cash in return. Step 1: Place your disc on your computer disc tray, then go to My Computer. Also agree that Ziffit and WeBuyBooks probably the best ones if you have the time, patience and a decent amount of books/CDs etc to go through. I read elsewhere that most of these sites often reject claiming e.g. How Do These Delivery Services Work And What Do They Include? We'll also provide Tech orders come with a FREE standard delivery option by default. 4.Wait for the driver to be rolled back then close Device Manager. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. I was just deciding its time to clean out probably 100s of books and DVDs, as my shelves are full to over-flowing. Received the money by PayPal 8 days after sending my stuff off. They all seem to accept the first 5 items that you upload and then no more (and not enough for them to make it worth sending to them). Any rejections will be visible in the 'My Account' section. Here are the ten DVDs I went for, and how much I could get today by selling them to musicMagpie. I have sold many CDs to folks all over the world. Some libraries take bulk donations, choose a selection for their own collections and pass the rest on to charitable foundations for distribution to communities in need. The amount that I was offered by Music Magpie for the majority of my CDs and DVDs ranged somewhere between the 30p and 1. Knowledge is power. Nettles its a bonus if youre not shamed on here!! 15.14 IMPORTANT: we will not make payment for, or return to you any books which fail our Quality Assessment. If they sign it off as being A1 condition i shall have to eat humble pie. I would also do the same with any Student Union night where it would be a guaranteed sellout, such as Boy George, where you could charge 150% on top and people would still bite your hand off on the day not to miss out. And are there other places to sell DVDs which I should consider? But if you have children, you can reframe it as a free activity to teach them about value, raising cash and how selling works also for them to buy the books they like for 10p rather than 7 in Waterstones, because then you really can afford to give it away & not feel cheated when Zippit offer you 1p or more but pay nothing just because it's creased. Music Magpie will reject items with any wrinkling to the rear inlay. On previous tries Zapper offered the lowest prices, but this time it was paused due to the pandemic and not taking any new orders. If youd like to join in, please sign in or register. I had hundreds of dvds, local charity shop wouldnt take them, friends and family werent interested, looked at music magpie but didnt have the option to scan barcodes at the time I looked at it and it would have taken ages to manually enter in the info. This always happens with these places. If they arent saleable they have links to all sorts of recycling options as they work in bulk. Its now just as likely youll get offers of pennies as you are pounds. They changed the storage to 256gb and paid me 60 more than they offered for the 64gb. You wont move obvious/popular stuff but you can shift plenty of things if youre patient. Will have to take a look. These wont be priced, I would go at scan all at Magpie, those that have a higher price may be worth sticking on e-bay. UK MusicMagpie claims device faulty - what to do? I'm hoping someone can help me here. Basic troubleshooting DVD Player techniques. I said not thanks, send it back then' and went elsewhere. Music Magpie Review - Books they won't accept: The following will cause books to be rejected on arrival. If you don't completely insert a disc, the drive will reverse and push the disc back out. Craigslist - for Selling Anything. Some on Ebay . Repair information and service assistance, Keep track of all your products in one location, A place where you can find solutions and ask questions, CareersContact UsCompany InfoVoluntary Recall, SEL TERMS AND CONDITIONSSEL PRIVACY POLICYCA PRIVACY NOTICEDO NOT SELL OR SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATIONMANAGE COOKIES. Problem with Music Magpie damaging a phone. - PistonHeads why won't music magpie accept my dvds - jaivikinteriorvaastu.com Anyone tried to see if libraries take donations? how to troubleshoot disc playback issues on the DVD player. Sandwich Jr recently off-loaded a collection of school era CDs. Obviously not expecting to get much for them! No, not worthless. Allow the DVD player to remain without power for. Be aware that some offer free postage while others will charge. He buys a job lot of assorted DVDs (at auction normally, in the 100s if not 1000s) then lists them all on Ebay separately with a 99p start. On that basis, for shifting the Imbetweeners boxset for 7.50, I could be paying around 97p for the privilege. Helpful article, Andy. Join more than 30,000 other subscribers to get Andys newsletter.PLUS an exclusive 17 cashback offer if youre new to Quidco. Q: My CD/DVD Drive on my iMac keeps ejecting every CD/DVD when I put a CD/DVD in the drive. Check out Selling DVDs: musicMagpie versus the competition. musicMagpie on the App Store We don't as a general policy investigate the solvency of companies mentioned (how likely they are to go bust), but there is a risk any company can struggle and it's rarely made public until it's too late (see the. Is it worth selling old books, DVDs, games and CDs online? 10/10/18 - 06:20 #1. I sent a ipad pro to MM, was mint. The only problem I have at the minute is that the app has stopped working properly and cant figure out why. Its a complete waste of time selling CDs on musicMagpie. More details. Ok thank you ,i would never sell to them because there prices are insulting.4 pence for a 20 book.8o pence for a 15 cd..not good. Newcastle United - Magpie Magic Newcastle United FC 2007 DVD Top Did he at least get it back in the same condition? Useful article, thanks. Do Not Honour", please contact your card provider and they'll be able to give you more details about the transaction. But good luck. My experience is that charity shops take all books and then sort them out themselves. The site went all screwy and I ended up with 2 of everything in my purchase (didnt show in the basket). Is it worth selling old books, DVDs, games and CDs online? Lastly if you're busy why not do a human profit-share with someone who's happy to make 50% to get free stock while you getting 50% of a bigger pie is a win-win; as opposed to the 1% to 15% you're getting from the above services. I'm too lazy to do boot-sales but you can do well if you've got enough; are generously cheap with prices and are happy getting up early on a weekend. I had a couple of scratches on the screen, very light ones, some marks on the rear glass and when cleaning to package it and send off I noticed a very small crack at the bottom of the rear glass near the lightning port. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Different models of Macs will be slightly different in operation. It usually sells at a better price. This includes LEGO that is chewed, discoloured or warped. RetroPop Issue 5 July 2022 | PDF | Musicians More details, Get a 17 Quidco bonus (new members only). why did anthony howell leave foyle's war - onlytows.com.au 15.1 All Media Items sold to us are checked by our quality control team during our Quality Assessment process. Sell your stuff with Decluttr today - we accept phones, CDs, DVDs, games, books, tablets and much more! All Rights Reserved. Thats the theory at least. John Fitzsimons Your operating system will erase the contents of the disc and after that, you may now burn your files again back to the discs. Our used items are completely refurbished and covered by our quality guarantee. All you can do is ask them to send it back. Magpies live loudly, take over trees. This the the problem with these trading sites. MM will respond to your email asap, as long as you have supplied your order number - or you can always phone them on 0333 555 0101. I thought the usual gig was to sell them on ebay for 1p but charge 1 more for post and packaging than it's actually going to cost you. . You'll find all the answers you need here! Ebay seems to have more fixed price ads for CDs and noticed the occasional one that sold for considerably more. Over the years Ive been thinning out the collection better to have some cash rather than media Im not going to use. This time though, I sorted all the books they accepted, boxed them up went to complete the trade and it kept saying network error . Some of these had visible scratches, others looked OK at a glance but kept freezing or skipping. Think it was Ziffit we used a couple of moves ago for the DVDs. 15.4 IMPORTANT: except under the circumstances described in condition 15.5 below, we will not make payment for any Media Items which fail our Quality Assessment. We sell both "new" and "used" copies within lots of Media categories - CDs, DVDs, Blurays, books, games - depending on the available stock. You can get a bit more for your trade in if you take the cash as credit to spend with them. Excludes Gift Memberships, Discount applies to first year. I once sent a Apple Watch to Music Magpie, pristine condition. Manuals are posted on your model support page. Better than nothing, but Im not sure worth the time it took. I have used both ziffit and music magpie. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Newcastle United - Magpie Magic Newcastle United FC 2007 DVD Top-quality at the best online prices at eBay! What happens if any of your books fail the Quality Assessment process? Painless for him, his mum did all the scanning! (New annually renewing membership only. I used Music Magpie recently to sell a box load of DVDs i had taken them with other stuff to a few car boot sales and people only want to pay 50p or thereabouts there and only seem to want the blockbuster films or boxsets, you dont get much for them but the process is really painless, you download the Music Magpie app, just scan each of the DVD barcodes and it tells you how much you get for that DVD, you then print of a label and they send a courier to collect them from you and you get sent the money via paypal or similar. Music Magpie took a wide range of books and DVDs but at low prices. eBay also has a 'brand outlet' link to click at the left hand top corner of their website. Buy Music DVDs and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! For the . However it did offer me money for everything else, even if it was just a penny in some cases and was the top price for the blu-ray box set. I hope all my waffling here sparks some ideas and helps someone! 15.3 If you have not sent your Media Items to us or arranged for our courier to collect your Media Items within twenty eight (28) days from the date that you place your order, we shall have the right, at our discretion, to reject and recycle your Items and make no payment for them. I'd use them again. Are Music Magpie and such just ruthless scammers? | Mumsnet The problem is that once you ship the phone, they can tell you what they want. On these 10 DVDs, selling on Amazon may get you a return of 38.64. About this app. 15.21 IMPORTANT: we will not make payment for any LEGO which fails our Quality Assessment. A much quicker process. Add message. BUT if you have a load by the same author and can use a cheap courier like Hermes <15kg you might get 50 back on a boxful and make someone happy, as I tend to buy this way too as it's much quicker for me & a saving. This article is designed to assist when the disc tray opens but the DVD player does not accept the disc that is being placed in the tray. Why Won't My Burned DVDs Play? - Lifewire It depends on what you're after. No matter what I do, I can't seem to complete my purchase via Please try again later. Id be surprised if you get over 300 anywhere. In fact, some DVD players won't even play discs burned at speeds greater than 4X. I had around two dozen paperbacks, a few cookbooks, 10 DVDs and a handful of CDs. The steps to lock on unlock the DVD player are different depending on the model being used. Unplug the power cord of the DVD player from the electrical outlet. Can the Blu-ray Disc player play HD DVD discs? Not such a problem when youre getting a decent price for your DVDs, but if you pay for extra pictures to try to help you sell your DVD, and dont manage to shift it, it can be an expensive game. Make Money - Sell CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, Video games and Books - MoneyMagpie Get the latest money-saving tips, expert strategies for boosting your wealth and generally-useful financial info sent straight to your inbox by entering your email address below. I really dont think youll make much money with these websites with your standard collection. Thats 27.29 more than youll get from musicMagpie - so three times as much! Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; I think the British version of the site is gumtree or something like it. It only worked on expensive university textbooks but they could make over $100 profit on one purchase and sale. In the end it was a 16 mile round trip to unload it. Again though, there are selling fees to consider. Method 1: Rollback CD or DVD drive drivers. Music Magpie UK Review: Does It Work? | Work From Home Watchdog I've got around 300 or so more CDs/DVDs to sell to musicMagpie but about a third of them have more than a couple of scratches. dedication to new music." will accept it gracefully. I have been using Ziffit the last 2 or 3 months and made about 30 so far, which is fine by me I have noticed as well that if you keep the items rejected and scan them again a couple weeks later or a month later, they are more often than not accepted eventually. It rejected most of the items I scanned but can up tops for a blu-ray boxset and old textbook. If 24 hours before the end of the Grace Period, we have not received your acceptance or refusal of our offer under condition 15.24 above, we will make efforts to send you a final reminder before the Grace Period ends. Magpies are loud, obnoxious and quite the pranksters. Quality Assessment: Media Items | T&Cs | musicMagpie Ziffit claimed my books were dirty as if I would embarrass myself that way. Its absolute mint condition so it will be interesting to see if they offer me less than the full purchase price. Ah yes, this is a "common" scam. Funnily enough, I just bought some stuff from MMs website. I've got around 300 or so more CDs/DVDs to sell to musicMagpie but about a third of them have more than a couple of scratches. Sold a lot of good quality university text books on Amazon, although you have to be careful of their charges and postal costs as they are not always current. My USB superdrive is not longer accepting - Apple Community Hi Ray, Some sell them on their sites (CEX, Music Magpie). why won't music magpie accept my dvds. Unable to click manage payment. Music Magpie Voucher Code Get 30% Off February 2023 - LatestDeals.co.uk But fortunately, both of them ejected CD . After University, I sold a lot of my old text books on Amazon, but Ive never sold DVDs on there before. Music Magpie. What happens if your Media Item fails the Quality Assessment? Help | musicMagpie I used this device near my area: I sent my USA purchased iPhone XS 64gb to one of these UK companies that buy your old phones. Tom 28 October 2019 17:25 . I've started typing in barcodes and have set the scratched discs aside because I'm not sure if I can sell them. Decluttr - Best Overall. Oxfam even has some dedicated bookshops. The original packaging is by far the best option for sending your tech as its ready made for your device My account is in arrears. Follow the procedure below if the DVD player will not accept the disc or keeps ejecting discs. Access your cookie preferences below and make sure to switch on the Youtube cookie under the 'Functional' section. Always remember anyone can post on the MSE forums, so it can be very different from our opinion. They emailed me the postal print off and they sent a courier to collect them which I had to wait in all day for only for when he arrived the shipping bar-code wouldn't scan so the courier wouldn't take them. It intrigued me. As with everything in life it pays to learn how to be a bit entrepreneurial. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. If the payment is taking longer than expected, feel free to get in touch with our customer services team by emailing [email protected]. Dunno what he made of them all when hed listened to them . Manuals are posted on your model support page. Definitely better off selling individually on eBay or discogs if youre bothered about getting a return. 3. Nov 2, 2020. You can also hand over items in one of the many CEX high street shops (when they reopen). When I contacted music magpie, they responded straight away apologising with conformation another dvd would be sent out directly to replace the faulty one. Read more here. You can then print off Freepost labels from the site for sending your DVDs to musicMagpie, so it really wont cost you a penny to make a few quid from your unwanted films. I started looking into these sites, and was coming to my own conclusion that it wasnt worth it financially when I came across this article. 15.22 If your LEGO order weighs less than originally described (either because the amount received is less than originally described or where we have removed blocks which have failed our Quality Assessment) we will revise the value of your payment according to the actual weight. You'll make money, save money and help reduce e-waste too . It took hours. Source . Here are 4 things you definitely didn't know about Aussie magpies Apr 22, 2021. I can't think of anything else. In the past, I have used MusicMagpie because I had a . My DVD drive is a Lightscribe drive - on the movies that won't play, the drive doesn't seem to recognize the disk - when looking at it in the "computer" folder, the title remains as "DVD RW Drive (G)" instead of displaying the title of the DVD. Looks like that email address is already registered. . DIGITAL SPY, PART OF THE HEARST UK ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK. musicMagpie - Home - Facebook an amalgamation of record shops and labels dedicated to bringing you new music ireland: dublin - spindizzy kilkenny - roller coaster scotland: dundee - assai edinburgh - assai edinburgh - thorne records glasgow - love music glasgow - monorail wales: aberystwyth - andy's records cardiff - spillers newport - diverse swansea . My experence has varied to be honest. Yet thanks to Spotify, Netflix and my Kindle I rarely use them. Keep us posted. musicMagpie | LinkedIn Roland D-50 Linear Digital Synthesizer keyboard, with owner's manuals Download our FREE app and use the UK's #1 Recycling Service to buy and sell Phones, Tech, CDs, DVDs, Books and so much more! musicMagpie Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.musicmagpie Copyright musicMagpie.co.uk 2007 - 2023. Sent an iPhone X with cracked back glass. Sold about 500 worth of junk on ebay a few months ago. Back to phones, Magpie offer was poor, citing "heavy scratches", but there weren't any and it was really fine, good battery health etc. About musicMagpie. no barcode; missing, damaged or defaced pages; annotation, highlighting or drawings of any kind Required fields are marked *. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Toss in an old DVD or sell CDs for 50p to a fiver. Music Magpie | AVForums Thanks again Tom, shall now have a good look at whats selling on Ebay. If you miss a monthly payment, your account will enter into arrears. Ill stick to their ebay shop in future. We suspect the item is non-original, fake or pirated. Total. The disadvantage of car boot sales is that you may not sell everything. How to Fix a DVD or CD Drive Not Working or Missing in Windows 10 Only 10 in it with my iPhone X between them and MM, would you recommend GoodBuyTech? Its worth signing up and then holding out for a promo code that tops up your offer.